The Adductor Box Jump Rebounds With Single Leg Landing is a ballistic exercise for advanced athletes to improve energy transfer, neural pathways for explosive lateral agility, body control, reaction time, balance and coordination.
Before you engage in ballistics you may want to take a look at Ballistic Training: How To Optimize Explosiveness for maximum results and a sample ballistic training workout for advanced athletes.
Adductor Box Jump Rebounds Progression
If you use additional weights…make sure you use appropriate weight so you can control the action throughout the entire range of motion. Otherwise you defeat the purpose of the exercise.
Very often, people use too much resistance and they become sloppy. Especially when it comes to maintaining dynamic stability and hitting in the same spots repetitively.
Also, don’t just progress with adding more weight. First, maximize the speed while maintaining perfect form. Next focus on improving your vertical jumping abilities.
When you increase the hight of the box ensure it is still stable! Otherwise you’ll increase the risk for injuries.
Here are the progression levels:
- Beginner: look down during the action
- Advanced: look up during the action
- Professional: alternating one leg action only
Adductor Box Jump Rebounds With Single Leg Landing Description
- Place box onto solid, non-sliding surface
- Place 2 agility rings shoulder-width apart on the ground; 1 to the left side and 1 to the right side of the box
- Step on top of the box; feet are close together
- Step off the box with both legs simultaneously
- Land with both feet simultaneously inside agility rings; look forward during landing
- Immediately jump on top of the box landing on the right leg; look down during landing
- Repeat; also perform drill landing on left leg
Related Ballistic Exercises
- Squat Box Jump Rebounds
- Single Leg Explosive Lateral Rebound Press
- Broad Jump with Single Leg Landing
We provide you with some more workouts and training tips you may be interested in to optimize your training.
Also, make sure that you warm up properly before and stretch out after your training session.