The Abductor Box jump Rebounds with single leg landing is a plyometric exercise for professional athletes to develop neural pathways for explosive lateral change of direction, body control & coordination.
In addition you can use the box jump rebounds to improve reaction time and develop skill and speed foundation for complex movement.
Before you start implementing plyometric exercises into your training program you may want to learn more about tennis plyometric training and how to develop neural pathways for maximum power for better results.
Abductor Box Jump Rebounds Description
- Place box onto solid, non-sliding surface
- Place 2 agility rings shoulder-width apart on the ground; 1 to the left side and 1 to the right side of the box
- Step on top of the box; feet are close together
- Jump off the box with both legs simultaneously
- Land with both feet simultaneously inside agility rings; look forward during landing
- Immediately jump on top of the box landing on the right leg; look down during landing
- Repeat; also perform drill landing on left leg
Abductor Box Jump Rebounds Progression
If you use additional weights…make sure you use appropriate weight so you can control the action throughout the entire range of motion.
Otherwise you defeat the purpose of the exercise.
Very often, people use too much resistance and they become sloppy. Especially when it comes to maintaining dynamic stability and landing in the same spots repetitively.
Also, don’t just progress with adding more weight. First, maximize the speed while maintaining perfect form.
If that’s still too easy then start looking forward also during the landing.
Related Plyometric Exercises
We provide you with some more workouts and training tips you may be interested in to optimize your training.
Also, make sure that you warm up properly before and stretch out after your training session.