The Single Leg Lateral Box Jump Rebounds is a plyometric exercise for professional athletes to develop neural pathways for explosive jumping, body control and coordination.
Before you start implementing plyometric exercises into your training program you may want to learn more about tennis plyometric training and how to develop neural pathways for maximum power for better results.
- Place box onto solid, non-sliding surface ~2 feet apart
- Place 2 agility rings laterally (sideways); 1 in front and 1 behind the box
- Step into agility ring in front of the box with one (1) leg
- Jump on top of the box with one leg; use arm swing to generate force
- Land on the same foot; look down during landing
- Immediately jump off the box with one (1) leg while looking down
- Immediately jump back on top of the box with one leg while looking down
- Jump off landing inside the agility ring
Single Leg Lateral Box Jump Rebounds Progression
If you use additional weights…make sure you use appropriate weight so you can control the action throughout the entire range of motion. Otherwise you defeat the purpose of the exercise.
Very often, people use too much resistance and they become sloppy. Especially when it comes to maintaining dynamic stability and landing in the same spots repetitively.
Also, don’t just progress with adding more weight. First, maximize the speed while maintaining perfect form.
If that’s still too easy then change the high of the box.
Here are the progression levels:
- Advanced: look down during landing
- Professional: look up during landing
Related Plyometric Exercises
We provide you with some more workouts and training tips you may be interested in to optimize your training.